The Confucius Institute at the University of Utah is teaming up with the Youth Education office at the University of Utah to provide a five-day summer camp for Chinese immersion students across the state from July 30- August 3. There will be 5 campsites this year. Each campsite will have five classes divided by grade level: 2nd, 3rd, 4th-5th, 6th-7th, 8th-9th grade. The locations of this year's campsites are as following:
- Cottonwood Heights: Ridgecrest Elementary School (1800 E 7200 S, Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121)
- South Jordan: South Jordan Middle School (10245 S 2700 W, South Jordan, UT 84095)
- Davis: North Davis Jr. High School (835 S State St., Clearfield, UT 84015)
- Orem: Cascade Elementary School (160 N 800 E, Orem, UT 84097)
- Brigham City: Foothill Elementary School (820 N 100 E, Brigham City, UT 84302)
We are now recruiting teachers for this year’s summer camp. Teachers will receive $120/day for teaching in addition to $80 for a one-day training prior to camp.
The following are the expectations and responsibilities of our summer camp teachers:
- Teach the curriculum that we provide for the five days of camp (7/30-8/03) from 9:00AM - 12:00PM.
- Arrive thirty minutes early and stay two and a half hours (including 40 minutes lunch) after camp for preparation and training new guest teachers (work hours will be 8:30AM - 2:30PM for those five days).
- Provide on-the-job training for new guest teachers who will be demonstrating mini cultural lessons in your classrooms.
- Before the camp starts, you will be required to attend a one-day training on Thursday, July 19 from 9:30am to 2:30pm. In the meeting, an HR representative from Youth Education at the U of U will explain the teacher hiring process to everyone, the Youth Education Office Director will go over details of the camp and safety issues, our curriculum designers will explain your class curriculum and activities, and the master teachers from USBE will train you to be a trainer for new guest teachers during the camp. We will not be able to hire anyone who cannot attend this essential meeting.
All summer camp teachers should have legal working status in the US. **NOTE: We can only hire citizens, US residents, and students with OPT. Please let us know in your application of your visa status.** Priority will be given to returning summer camp teachers and current DLI Chinese immersion teachers, but secondary teachers will also be considered. If you are interested in this job, please fill out the online application form. The application deadline is Friday, May 4. If you have any questions, please contact Shin Chi Fame Kao at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at (801) 585-0988)
We look forward to hearing from you!
犹他大学孔子学院与犹他大学推广教育中心将在二零一八年七月三十日到八月三日日联合举办为期五天的 “2018年犹他州汉语沉浸式项目暑期夏令营” 。本次夏令营将在五个地点举行，包含South
Jordan, Cottonwood Heights、Orem、Clearfield（Davis北部）、和Brigham City等五各校区，每个校区会有五个班：二年级、三年级、四和五年级合班、六和七年级合班、八和九年级合班（Brigham
我们将优先录取以前担任过孔院夏令营老师和目前任教沉浸式中文班的老师们。我们也欢迎目前在高中教中文的老师们踊跃申请这份工作。基于法律规定，我们必须聘用美国公民、绿卡居民、和有OPT的国际学生。如果您是使用OPT 工作签证目前在学区工作的老师们，请务必在报名表上确实填写。有兴趣的老师们请5月4日星期五前上这个链接报名。如果您有任何问题，请与高实琪联系 (email@example.com 或电(801) 585-0988)。